Monday, May 17, 2010

My Austin adventure: It begins! =)

I'm in Austin! =) The journey here was something I'll never forget, and which I will not remember with much joy =p 30smtg hours traveling was incredibly exhausting! The journey was so hectic..

Penang to KL: This was a sweet memory, said bye to my family and my friends Isaac and Chuang Ki who were nice enough to wake up so early to just say bye to me for 5mins at the airport!! My lip were wobbling a bit when I waved goodbye to my sis, aunt and uncle (hmm maybe even my big bully brother-in-law), but I didn't cry, yay =)

KL to Hong Kong: Disaster begins. Only one hour to find my way around the huge KLIA before my transit flight to Hong Kong. Arrived on time, but the lady at the transfer counter was a new employee who kept chewing on her lips, figuring out how to print out the boarding pass >.< After she finally printed it out, I only had 20 mins to board the plane. Ran like mad to the Aerotrain, ran like made to the boarding gate, and managed to throw myself in the plane before they leave without me =p

Hong Kong to San Francisco: Nice and pretty. Only stopped here for a bit, had fun listening to the Hong Kong slang, it really sounds like TVB!! But was so upset when I found out Malaysia airlines didn't send my luggage to San Francisco, it was lost somewhere. Was so tired from travelling that I wanted to cry, but couldn't. Luckily my friend Pui Yee was around, so I didn't feel so upset and alone. They told me to report my luggage at Austin

San Franciso to Austin: This was really smooth. Ran to the baggage claim counter to make a report, but they couldn't do much, since it's MAS fault, sigh. I was so upset, but luckily me and Pui Yee's supervisors were there to meet us at the Austin airport. It was so nice to see someone walking towards me with a card saying 'Genny' when I was feeling so tired (hadn't slept almost 30 hours) and suddenly feeling alone without luggage in the huge US...

And now I'm in my apartment. It's so beautiful, it's like a magical place I've always dreamt of since I was a little girl. Small and cosy, carpeted, and it has a pretty fireplace! I won't be using it of course since it's summer, but I love looking at it =) There are such beautiful trees outside the apartment, it's like a fairytale~ I've had no time to take many photos, I'll be snapping away when I finally have free time =)

Spent the whole day shopping today to replace the things I lost in my baggage. Spent so much T.T sakit hati-nya~ But I think MAS will compensate if I keep the receipts. I'm gonna seriously go bankrupt if I have to buy 5 months of clothes in the US if I can't get my luggage.

I start my orientation in National Instruments tomorrow morning at 8am, I can't wait =)I hope I'll have time to keep updating this blog as often as I can~ =)

Will be uploading photos soon when i hv free time! =)

9 comments:

  1. pictures!!! i wan pics of ur room wif d huge fireplace!
    XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whooo hooo! another cousin to stalk..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad u are finally living the dream!! post up pics kay :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, will be posting photos soon, maybe tonight if my jetlag doesn't kill me (i can't walk straight, keep going in wobbly directions cos my eyes can't open)

    rodney: haha, u're welcome to stalk me.. Do u hv a place for me to stalk u too? =p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rodney doesn't have any place we can stalk. He's only a stalker, not a stalk-ee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aiya, you should make MAS pay thru their nose for messing up the luggage transfer to Cathay. MAS still means mana ada sistem, very cacat airline. it also happened to me once on my flight from brunei-kl-penang but i got my luggage within 12 hours, so now compensation lor. in your case, there is a delay of something like 2-3 days mah and you are entitled to claim back expenses for emergency clothes, etc. if MAS refuses to give compensation, take them to court, like the lady who won RM 10K of compensation because she had receipts to prove that she bought expensive jewellery and clothes. whether or not the jewellery was in her bag is anybody's guess but the law is the law lor. everything legal, mah luv, daddums

    ReplyDelete
  7. aiya why u had to run to boarding gate? so undignified lah, u should have demanded to be "chauffeured-driven" in the cool electrical "car" mah since it was the fault of the transfer counter person who can't even figure out how to print your boarding pass. never had any problems at the transfer desk in my life before. aiya, i think u must be some kind of lightning rod... first place lightning strikes in this world is at genny. but still, i am very proud of my little baby girl doing big time internship in Texas, the land of 2 American bushy-bushy presidents. luv, daddums

    ReplyDelete

 

Distributed by eBlog Templates