Wow, it’s first of June already. It’s a new month in Austin… Amazing =)
As usual, I’m more inclined to words than photos, so my blog entries in the future will probably be filled with words and hardly any photos…. =p So bear with my many words if you read my blog haha~
I was initially gonna let this blog die off again because I was so darn lazy to update again… But I thought, “hey, I should attempt to revive it! I want to read bout my Austin memories when I return to Penang” =)
Life in Austin is just greater than I ever would have imagined =) It’s like I’ve been suffocated for so long, and for the first time, I’m breathing~~ =) It’s truly God’s blessing and His great plan to bring me so far to the US, away from home~
I’m leaving all my problems and pain in Penang to just take a breath of fresh air, away from my unhappy past life and my daily struggles at home. It’s just wonderful to live for myself for once, to live for God and to really feel Him wanting me to grow according to His plan. I want to keep growing spiritually, and develop more confidence in myself, and in God =)
Of course I'm not naive enough to believe that this "i can do anytg" feeling will last forever, especially when I return to Penang and face all the problems in my life again... But I want to concentrate on growing spritually and in confidence here in Austin, that I will be stronger in handling my life's boogie monsters =p
God’s family is also so great here in Austin, the people at church are really friendly, and I hope to warm up to them and for them to warm up to me soon =)I still can't believe they have adult Sunday classes here *giggles* it's still so weird to me... haha~
I’ve also noticed that I can still remain soft here… Everyone was telling me to toughen up when going to America, I’m gonna get crushed if I still remain the same. But at the end of the day, I know God made me this way.. To be gentle… and soft-hearted… and still a bit playful inside despite my growing age *sigh* I’m determined to be myself even in a land of very assertive and loud people =) I used to hate being quiet among my noisier friends, but now I guess I'm content with who I am, even if it's hard sometimes~
I just can’t wait to see what the future days and weeks ahead hold for me~ I’m a little Penang island girl out on a Texas cowgirl adventure, and hopefully will update my blog when I’m not so lazy =D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

=)
ReplyDeleteremember me when you feel the night wind blowing - coz i'll be rooting for you all the way.
from your brother and friend.
Wilson @ Seymour Nightweaver
I am Darth Vader, the guy who stunned Luke Skywalker in Star Wars with the words that sounded like it was spoken into an empty coffee tin mug: "I am your father!"
ReplyDeletebe strong in your faith in God! if you do so, the temporal and temporary world will be a more pleasant place!
you are not a timid malaysian on a Texas cowgirl adventure!
you are my daughter who inherited my genes, not exactly the best genes necessary to survive in this cruel world, but good enough! but on the whole, i hope i can eventually rest in peace and be proud of my two girls because i know both of you will succeed. i only hope i have positively contributed (i.e., more plus than minus) as a father to both of you before i close my eyes and sign off from this world.
take care, genny... and keep your experience in Austin alive!
:)